About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend Book Report #1

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend. I know I did. Hubby took all the kids up north for most of last week and I had to stay home and go to work. But on Friday afternoon he had a friend of his stop and pick me up. So I had an unplanned trip up North. The weather was excellent. The kids were excellent. And seeing friends and family. I don't think I could ask for much more in a weekend. Needless to say since I didn't get my alone time in, not a lot a crafting got done again. I did worked on a couple more blocks of the Sweet Pea quilt.

Well I made the weekly trip to the library last week as well. A couple of books that I had requested came in. Both on only a ten day check out. So there was some reading done this past week.

First off I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This is a young adult historical fiction. It's about a girl growing up in Germany during WWII. It is narrated by Death. It was very interesting. The story starts out with the death of the girls brother on their way to their foster family. And it talks about her life with her new foster parents and her new neighborhood. I think it was a great story and I love these type of stories, but I don't think it was as great as some of the reviews that it got when it came out. Three stars.






The second book that I finished was Love's Abiding Joy by Janette Oke. This is 4th book in this series. This is an adult christian fiction book. In this book we find Marty and Clark traveling west to go visit their daughter Missy. While they are there an accident befalls Clark. Another good read but again nothing I found that special. Three stars.







And the last book that I finished was Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton. This is the seventeenth book in the Anita Blake series. This is most classified as a Sci-fi/fantasy book, but it has a health dose of romance and a little bit of a mystery. Anita Blake is a vampire hunter for those who haven't heard of this series. She has several paranormal talents??. In this book she's after a serial killer that got away from her before, this time he feels the need to send her a head of a victim. So she's off to Las Vegas to find him. Really this book has no literary meaning BUT is an excellent read. Just a warning to anybody who is thinking of reading this series there smut in most of the books. Four and a half stars.

Did you finish any books this week? I would love hear about them. Read any of these books? Also would love to know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment