About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Book Report #4

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend. My weekend was spent with some 1-on-1 time with Little One. She spent most of her time doing this. . .


And since most of the time she wanted momma sitting on the floor with her, momma got lots of reading done. And all of it mindless no point reading.

Let's see. . . first up was Dragonswan by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This is book 1.5 in the Dark Hunter series. This is a romance series. It's a very short read my copy was only 86 pages. The characters in this involve a history professor and a time-traveler, who also is able to shape shift.









My next read on the list was Mckettrick's Pride by Linda Lael Miller. This is another romance book. It's book two in a series. I haven't read the first book. But I also think this is part of a bigger series, as some of the back history sound for familiar. Basic info is about a widower left with two young girls and a new women in town who is opening a book store.

Both of these books were okay. They were what I expected them to be. . . a basic romance novel. Some smut, but not very graphic or a lot of it. One and half stars. Like I said not bad reads but nothing special.





The last book that I finished was 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber. This is the first book in the Cedar Cove series. At the library it was classified as a romance novel, but I find it more a fictional book, maybe a love story. In this book you are introduced to many characters and their stories. A young couple file for divorce that is denied, the relationship between several mothers and daughters, and a start to several new relationships. It was a good read. I'd rate at a 2 and half stars. I'll be reading more in this series but I don't think they are going to be books that I want to buy for my bookcase.

So, what did anyone else do? Read any books or any of these? Hope everyone has a good week. I'll be back this week to show some crafty stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment