About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Book Report #6

How was every one's weekend? Mine was pretty quite. I worked on some projects. But didn't get far on any of them. I'll show you later this week what I was working on. Well I did get a couple of books read this past week.

I tried reading Wolf Speaker by Tamora Pierce. This is book two in the Immortal series. This is a young adult fantasy book. It's about Diane who is a girl who can talk with animals. And is continuing to learn how to use her wild magic. Well actually I didn't try reading it, I tried listening to it. I didn't care for this one, I did like the first book in this series and I've liked everything else that she's written. One star.

The next two books I hadn't meant to read back to back. But I had accidental picked up the second book, thinking it was the first book of the series. So I went back to the library to pick up the first one.


Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. This is book one of the Mercy Thompson series. This would be a fantasy series. In this book we are introduced to Mercy who is a VW mechanic and a shape walker. Mercy was raised by werewolves and now has the local pack leader as a neighbor. When him and his daughter are attacked. Mercy gets involved. Four stars.









The next book in this series is Blood Bound. In this book Mercy is off trying to help her vampire friend. He is after a vampire demon. And well I know this is sounding kind of corny. But it was a good read. Both books had a good dose of mystery and little bit of romance/love story. Again a four star book.

Anybody reading anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment