About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Book Report #17

Well I hope that everyone is having a good weekend. For us it's back to being a little chilly. Hopefully it won't last long. Sorry for the lack of crafty post. I'm hoping that my hubby works on fixing my computer this week. I've been busy backing up everything so he can do a reformat and hopefully clear up the issues with it.

Well this past week I finished this book:

Giants in the Earth: A Saga of the Prairie (Perennial Classics)

Giants in the Earth by Ole Edvart Rolvaag. This would classify as a fiction novel. It was written by a Norwegian immigrant about Norwegian immigrants as they settled in the Dakota territory. If you loved the Little House books growing up you would love this book. It takes a more adult look at the pioneer life. I did find that last part of the novel a little choppy and thought it ended very abruptly. But I will be reading the sequel to this book. A good solid four of five stars.

Well that's all I have for now. Back off to crafting something. Have a lovely weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment