About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Book Report #5

Good Monday morning to you! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a quite weekend. It was hot and sticky most of the weekend. Which seemed to provide a setting for storms. We had rain, thunder, lighting and sirens. Monkey did not like most of that. I did get some crafting done, I'm hoping to share tomorrow. It depends on if I can get some pictures taken.

Books? Well I did get a couple read. So I'll share. . .

Okay first I finished The Summer King by O.R. Melling. This is the second book in the Chronicles of Faerie series. Again this is a young adult fantasy. This one is about a girl who is traveling back to Ireland to see her grandparents, after the death of her twin sister the previous year. She finds herself believing in things she never believed in before, all in order to save her sister. Even though this is part of a series, I don't think one would need to read the first book other then to get some of the history. Four stars.






The second book that I read was The Far Side of the Loch by Melissa Wiley. This is the second book in the Little House Girls series, the Martha years. This is a children's/independent reader book. These books are for anyone who grew up reading the Little House on the Prairie books. The Martha years are books about Laura's great grandmother. Martha is a young girl growing up in Scotland. This book reads about the same as Little House in the Big Woods, with lots of tales of daily life and stories. Three stars. Not books that I would buy for myself, but books that I hope to be able to buy for Monkey or Little One they are old enough to read or be read to with minimal pictures.

Since were are talking children's books this week. . . What were your favorite books to read growing up? Mine were the Little House books, the Trixie Belden series, Charlotte's Web, and The Secret Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment