About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reading

Well the weekend came and went along with half the week and I don't have much to show for craft progress. But some progress was made. I pieced another block for my 'Sweet Pea' quilt and starting on some of the stitching.

What I did do was read. I am an avid reader. And I'll read most anything, from children's books to sci-fi or fantasy to mysteries to romance. The plan is to keep the bookshelf over there with what is in my current reading pile. Two weeks ago I picked up four books from the library and last night I started the forth book. So I'll do a quick review of the three that I've gotten read already.


First up is Love's Long Journey by Janette Oke. This is the third book in the "Love Comes Softly" series. It was a very quick read. This book follows Missie's journey west with her husband, her pregnancy and homesteading. I'm liking this series so far. I started reading it after I found out the TV movie series was based off of this. There are several differences between these books and the movies, but not big major ones. Just enough to keep it interesting for me who has seen the movie. I'd give this a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.





Next is The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan. This is the second book in the "Ranger's Apprentice" series. This would be a independent reader or young adult book (depends on the book store or library). In this book Will and his ward mate Horce, are making a diplomatic trip with Gillan a fellow ranger during the preparations for war, to Celtica. On the way they are joined by a girl named Evanlyn. I found this to be a great fantasy series. Definitely a book that the boys would read, but the girls might like it too. This series is going on my to buy list for my personal library. A 4 star book.





The last book that I finished was Knit Two by Kate Jacobs. This is the sequel to The Friday Night Knitting Club. We are brought back to the characters of the last and how they are still dealing with the death of Georgia five years ago. Another good light read. Also a 4 star book that will have to be bought for my library and to go with the first one.

Has anyone else read these books? I'd love to hear what you thought of them. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with some more crafty stuff. It'll depend on if I'm able to get in some okay photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment