About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend book report #3

Well I hoped everyone had a good weekend. Mine was great. We did nothing. It was wonderful. I did do a little crafting. I'll tell you about that later. But right now I thought I share the books that I've read this week.


First off was The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling. This is part of the Chronicles of Faerie series.
It's another young adult fantasy book. The story is about two cousins who take off a trip around Ireland to look for proof of a faerie realm. And well the find it and all the trouble the would follow. I found it to be a great read. I've already picked up the next book in this series. So I would rate it four and half stars.







Next I tried reading Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts). This is a mystery book. I'll admit I did not finish this book. In fact I didn't even make it through chapter three. What I did read I got that it was about a futuristic female cop. Just didn't hold any interest for me. No stars. If anyone has read this and really liked I'd like to hear from you. I would like to know if it gets better further into the book. I will always try to read things again if I didn't like them the first time through, sometimes just have to be in the right mind set.





The last book that I finished was The Icebound Land by John Flanagan. This the the 3rd book in the Ranger's Apprentice series. This is another young adult/independent reader fantasy book. This book has two story lines. One in which we hear about Will and Evanlyn's journey as the go from prisoners to slaves and the problems and addictions they encounter. The other part of this story is the Halt and Horace's journey to rescue Will and Evanlyn. Another good, easy read. I'm really liking this series as well.
Four and half stars.

What have you been reading or looking at? Watched any good movies? Read a good book. I'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment