About Me

Minnesota, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I love to craft and read.

Places to Go, People to See

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Book Report #10

Is it possible that the weekends already over? I can't believe how fast weekends go and how little I get done. It's been crazy busy here. There was a trip to Iowa last weekend with my sister for my niece's confirmation. I can't believe how fast they grow and how much I miss them and wish I could do more with them. While we were down there we got to see my nephews marching band competition, which was awesome. And this past week has been busy trying to catch up on stuff. No such luck.

Well I've got a couple of books to report on.


The first was The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. This is a fantasy novel. And to let you in on a little something the first in a new series of books. The author is still writing them. I found this to be one of the best fantasy books that I've read in a long time, that wasn't by one of my favorite authors. This is the story of Kvothe, told by himself from the time he was a small boy through the age of fifteen. He started life as a child in a performance troupe. He goes on to learn magic. Like I said one of the best new novels I've read. Five stars.






I also read Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. This is a non-fiction knitting book. In this book she talks about having a yarn stash and goes over some basic patterns or as she says recipes. Things ones can use to create your one projects. I very much enjoyed this book, its one that I hope to add to my own craft book collection. Four and half stars.

Well I hope everyone had a good weekend and that the week is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment